I’m turning 30! June is in full swing which means these are my last couple of weeks as a twenty- something.
My twenties have felt like both the shortest time and the longest time but one thing is certain- I’ve learnt a lot.
Here, in no particular order I have listed some of my 29 lessons from my 29 years:
- I should always treat everyone as I would like to be treated, which is to say: nicely
- Cuddles make things better
- If I feel grumpy I am probably just hungry or tired
- There is not one productive thing that can come from worrying about what people think of me
- In most cases it’s better to listen instead of talk
- Thank you’s are easy to give out and they make people feel good (but they have to be genuine)
- Good things take time, patience and persistence to develop into something good
- Sunburn is never a good idea
- Life has shitty moments and often just have to be lived through
- Someone is probably being mean to me because someone was mean to them
- Goodbyes are never going to get easy
- It’s never good to drink a large amount of alcohol in a short amount of time
- Exercise lowers anxiety and improves sleep
- I would rather be a kind loser than a mean winner
- Some people are just difficult best to just leave them to it
- Avocados ripen faster if you put them next to a banana
- Some alone time every now and then is key
- Life is often much more simple than I make it in my head
- Good health is everything
- I would rather be single forever than with a man that is unkind to me
- Love really does make the world go round
- Tea has healing properties
- Women should always stick together, never tear each other down
- Passing judgement is a normal human trait but should always be questioned and resisted
- I am very lucky to have the family I have
- It’s not possible to be positive 100% of the time. Good stuff comes sometimes comes from melancholy.
- The ocean calms me down
- Chats with friends are like therapy, but therapy is also useful
- We are all doing our own thing so comparing my life with that of someone else is pointless.
Here´s to many more lessons for my thirties!